Our club is involved in a variety of projects that involve fundraising, community service, and assisting children locally and worldwide. Below are the projects in which we are currently involved:
Dr. Seuss Day in partnership with Cleveland State Community College
- This event typically takes place on one of the first Saturdays in March.
- This event celebrates the Birthday of Dr. Seuss and the importance of reading daily!
- Free Dr. Seuss Books are given to every child in attendance.
Daddy/Daughter; Mother/Son Dance
- This event typically takes place in March and is held at The Venue Creekside
- This is a fun-filled evening with real Princes and Princesses!
- It is a perfect date night for your special little one.
4-H Speech Contest
- This event is for elementary and middle school students who want to grow their speech-giving skills.
- Every year, Kiwanis members judge the speech contestants who then go to the regional competition.
- Additionally, Kiwanis fund much of the cost of this event including contestant's ribbons, trophes, etc.
Annual Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser
- This event typically takes place in April and is held at the Bald Headed Bistro.
- This is one of our largest fundraisers and is a great fellowship event for Club and community members alike!
Annual ELIMINATE Mother's Day Flower Sale
- All funds raised through this event go to the ELIMINATE Project of Kiwanis International (More info can be found at: http://sites.kiwanis.org/Kiwanis/en/theELIMINATEproject/home.aspx)
- This fundraiser takes place a few weeks before Mother's Day each year.
Head Start Christmas Present Project
- Every Christmas season, Kiwanis members take time to shop for Head Start students in need.
- Once the shopping and gift-wrapping has occured, members of the Club deliver the gifts to the pre-selected classrooms of students and are blessed to see the joy on the excited children's faces.